A forklift has become one of the essential pieces of equipment for businesses, warehouses, and industries. It’s used to move the pellets from one place to another, and only experienced forklift staff operate it. Operating a rider pallet jack looks like a breeze, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. If you are inexperienced or don’t follow the instructions, you may damage things or property. Therefore, learning how to use an electric pallet jack is necessary.
We have mentioned the step-by-step guide to using an electric pallet jack. Try to follow each step to operate it easily and safely. Let’s get deeper into the details!
Important Safety Precautions Before You Start
Before using an electric pallet jack, making sure safety is important. When you don’t consider it, there might be chances of material damage, physical human injury, or other issues. Therefore, check out the safety precautions below:
- You must be aware of the maximum lifting capacity of the forklift. For it, you can consult the data plate of the jack. In case the data plate is missing, get all the information from the supervisor.
- Read the manual before the operation to know everything about the pallet jack.
- A quick inspection is necessary before the operation to know about any damage, broken parts, and more.
- Know all the safety features of the pallet jack.
- Your feet and hands should not be greasy; otherwise, you might be in trouble.
Electric Pallet Jack Operation Step-by-step Guide
Keep in mind that these are the general instructions to operate any pallet jack. If you face any issues, don’t forget to consult the instruction manual:
Step 1: First, unplug everything before getting started, such as the battery charger and charging cord.
Step 2: Hold the controller over the pallet jack’s handle.
Step 3: Make sure the forklift legs are set to the lowest position.
Step 4: operate the control and move it in the forward direction. Also, check it to move in the reverse direction.
Step 5: Steer it to move in any desired direction and perform the same task with the controller.
Step 6: Now slide the forks under the pallet you want to pick.
Step 7: Again, use the hand controller and raise the pallet from the ground. On the controller, you will see a button with an “Up” arrow for this purpose.
Step 8: After that, take help from the controller and move it in any desired direction. For this purpose, you can use the left and right arrows.
Step 9: On the desired location, again use the controller and lower it down to the ground. Here the “Down” arrow will help you.
Step 10: Now reverse the forklift and take the foot out of the pallet.
Step 11: congrats! You have done using an electric pallet jack. Now attach it with the charger again when not in use.
Best Practices For Electric Pallet Jack
You have done the operation of a forklift, but you must know the important practices. They will keep you safe, prevent any serious injury, and also keep the forklift safe.
- Don’t carry people in the forklift because it’s used to move the pallets, not the people.
- The load should be centered and stable before moving from one place to another.
- After lifting, keep the load lower as possible as the ground.
- Don’t move suddenly in any direction.
- Keep the speed slow and be ready to stop anytime.
To sum up, forklifts are essential and very useful for industries. They can replace many people working in the warehouse and complete the work quickly. They are safe, can pick up high loads, and are easy to operate. We have shared the basic steps to using an electric pallet jack above. Don’t forget to follow each step to operate it easily.